CURRY WATCHERS - MAKE IT HEALTHY 2021
Vidya Nanjappa - India
Sweet Potato And Bitter Gourd Cutlet
1.cut the sweet potato into half and steam them until soft .
2. Saute garlic in oil and add herb And chilli flakes .add carrots and sweet corn and cook until done.
3. Squeeze and drain the bitter gourd and saute in oil seperately for a few minutes. Add a lil water and cook until soft .
4. Peel and mash sweet potato . Add the sauteed veggies to it and mix well. Add lemon juice and salt to taste .
5.shape the cutlets Into cylinders .
6. Make a corn flour slurry by adding cornflour to water . The mixture should be thin..
7. Now dip the cutlets in the slurry and then into bread crumbs. Dip them again in slurry and in bread crumbs for a second coat .
8. Refrigerate the cutlets for 1 hr and fry them in hot oil . For a healthier version air fry or brush oil and bake these cutlets in an oven at 180 for about 12 mins or until golden .
9 . The coated cutlets can be freezed and fryed later .
10. Serve hot with ketchup and mayo.
1.Sweet potato — 3 big .. around 500 gms
2.Bitter gourd — 250 GM’s cut into very small pieces .let it sit with 1/4 tsp salt for about 1/2 hr..
3.Carrot — 1 big
4.Sweet corn — 1/4 cup
5.Garlic —. 6 pods chopped finely
6.Italian seasoning — 2 tsp
7.Black pepper —As per taste
8.Chilli flakes — as per taste
9.Salt — as per taste
10.Corn flour — 2 tbsp
11.Bread crumbs- 1 cup ..i have used rusk powder .
Spiced carrot latte
1. Soak the almonds, cashews , poppy seeds in boiling water for about 10 mins . Skin the almonds.
2. Chop the carrots and cook them in a sufficient water , until tender .
3. Add in tender carrots , soaked cashews,almonds,poppy seeds , fennel seeds , cardamom, pepper corns and grind in a processor or blender until smooth .
4. Heat the milk until it reaches boiling point. Add in the saffron and sugar and mix until sugar dissolves .
5. Add 1/4 cup of water to the blended carrot spice mixture and add it to the milk.
6. Heat the mixture until it reaches boiling point and switch off the heat .
7. Add the rose extract and serve warm. Equally delicious when served cold.
1. Dip the rim of the glass in honey and again dip in powdered nuts. Serve the drink with a garnish of saffron .
2. Sugar can be substituted with honey, agave ,maple syrup or a sweetner of ur choice.
1. Milk - full fat or toned 500 ml
2. Carrots - 200 GMs
3. Poppy seeds - 1 tbsp ( kus kus )
4. almonds - 10
5. Cashew nuts - 7 whole
6. Fennel seeds - 1/2 TSP
7.pepper corn- 1/4 TSP
8. Green Cardamom- 3
9. Saffron - a pinch
10. Sugar - 1/4 cup
11. Rose extract - 4 drops
12. Salt - a pinch .