CURRY WATCHERS - MAKE IT HEALTHY 2021
Sowndharya Swaminathan - United Kingdom
Ennai kathirikai Kuzhambu
1. In a Pan heat gingely oil and fry the slited brinjals in medium flame.
2. Keep aside.
3. Roast the ingredients in grinding in medium heat (fenugreek, channa dhal,coriander seeds ,peanuts,coconut)
4. Turn the flame off and add the coconut, the pan's heat is enough for coconut.
5. Grind the roasted ingredients into a fine paste with little water. Keep aside.
6. Now add a 3 tbsp of oil then add mustard seeds.Allow it to splutter.
7.Add small onions when its translucent add red chillies and garlic pods to pan and fry that for 3 mins.
8. Now its time to add the tomato puree,turmeric powder,coriander powder, asafoetida, red chilli powder.
Allow it to cook for 2 min.
9. Now add the grinded paste and mix well.
10. Then add tamrind water, salt and cook in medium-high heat for 6 to 8 mins.
11. Add 1/4 tspbof jaggery.
12.Finally add the fried brinjals and close the lid of the pan and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves.
14. Wonderful authentic Ennai kathirikaai kuzhambu is ready.
15.It will tastes good with rice, dosa, or idly.
1.Brinjal -5 to 6 nos
2.Small Onion - 8 -10
3. Garlic pods - 10 pods.
4. Gingelly Oil - 100ml to 200 ml.
5. Tamrind water(thick consistency)-1 cup.
6. Tomato puree-1/2 cup(I used 2 medium sized tomatoes.)
7.Red chillies - 2 nos.
8.Kasmiri chilly powder- 1/2 tsp.
9.Turmeric pwd - 1/4 tsp.
10.Asefoitida - 1/4 tsp.
11.Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
12. Curry leaves/ coriander leaves - for garnishing.
13.Coriander powder -1tsp.
14. Water - 1 cup for grinding and adding to it at last.
15. Salt - As required.
1.Dhaniya seeds -1 tbsp.
2. Gram dhal - 1tsp.
3. Rosted peanuts - 2 tbsp.
4. Coconut -1/4 Cup.
5. Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp.