CURRY WATCHERS - MAKE IT HEALTHY 2021
Sudhamathi Mollin - United States
Egg plant dry curry
1. Slice the egg plant as shown .
2.Roast the spices one by one in low flame and grind to a not-so-fine powder .
3. In a pan , heat a tablespoon of oil , add the sliced egg plant , salt and cook on medium low flame until 70 % done.
4.Add the spice powder at this stage and give it a good mix.
5. Let the egg plant cook for a few more minutes until it absorbs all the flavours of the spice powder.
6.Serve with roti or rice !
Egg plant - sliced
To roast and grind
1 spoon each of
Coriander , Chanda dhal , urid dhal , black pepper , grated coconut and red chillies .
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Low carb curd rice
1. Chop the cauliflower florets into big chunks
2. Steam the florets until just done .
3. Once cooled , Use a food processor and blend the steamed florets to rice.
4. In a pan , heat a teaspoon of coconut oil. Once hot , add the ingredients mentioned ‘for seasoning’.
5. Roast until urid dhal is golden brown .
6. Mix the cauliflower rice , tadka and curd with salt.
Low carb curd rice is ready ! Serve with your favourite pickle /kimchi.
Cauliflower florets , curd
1/2 spoon of Mustard
1 spoon urid dhal
1/2 spoon jeera
1 spoon grated ginger
Green chillies finely chopped as per taste
Handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Healthy nuts and dates bar
Chop the nuts
Dry roast them in a pan one by one.
Blitz the dates separately.
In a pan add a teaspoon of ghee , add the dates and powdered nuts once the ghee is warm.
Stir for 4 mins and switch off the flame.
Set the mixture in a tray and cut out bite sized bars once cooled.
Dates to desired sweetness
Equal portion of mixed nuts. I have used almonds , pistachios, walnuts and cashews.