Welcome to "Enga Veetu bommai Kollu 2021"
This year we have displayed handmade idols of Meenakshi Sundareswarar and the stories of "64 thiruvilaiyadal puranam" alongside the traditional deity idols placed in the steps.
1. Meenakshi Sundareswarar :
Meenakshi Amman and Sundareshwarar is made out of cardboard and shape is given using crushed newspaper, draped in a green and purple saree and white veshti respectively and accessorized with jewels, garland and lights.
Backdrop made with big cardboard covered with cloth and decorated with lights and flowers.
Green cloth in the backdrop hand painted with kolam design.
2. 64 Thiruvilaiyadal Puranam :
- Madurai Meenakshi Amman Koyil
Four kopuram made with cardboard painted and decorated with details. Inside the temple there is a mandapam, theppam and many stories.
- Naga Malai, Pasu Malai, Yaana Malai
Made with crushed newspaper and brown paper.
- Kailash Malai made out of paper and cardboard
- All the 64 stories are arranged across the kollu like some inside the temple, some around the temple walls and some in the bottom three steps.