For more than 35 years, we are arranging golu and most of our dolls are 100 years old.
Thematic representation helps us give unique colour to our golu each year. Over the years, we have been trying to take a leaf out of our puranas and depict them through the golu arrangement. This helps in the current generation being aware of the history, puranas and Upanishads.
1) Char Dham temples made by us at home
2) Few other temples like Yamunotri, Gangotri, Konark, Kedarnath, Puri Jagannath, and Pasupatinath temple of Nepal are all depicted
3) Scenes from Ramayana which depict the birth of Rama to the eviction of Ravana
4) Scenes from Krishna Leela from the birth of Krishna to eviction of Kamsa
5) Birth of Subramanya
6) Scenes from Siva puranas
7) Famous Dussehra festival of Mysore
8) A village scene with a temple and few sports scenes that happens in a village
Ellorum engathu golukku vango