CURRY WATCHERS - MAKE IT HEALTHY 2021
Sumathi Suresh - India
Schezwan Mixed Fruit Salad
Saute all fruits in a spoon of oil till slightly brown.
Add homemade schezwan chilli sauce (cook all ingredients and store in container use whenever required)
mix all ingreidents in low heat, so that the nutrients of fruits are not lost.
Then quickly transfer to serving plate.
Serve along with cucumber.
Homemade Schezwan Kashmiri red Chilli sauce - 1 1/2 spoon (Kashmiri Chilli 1 bowll,1 onion, Ginger 2 tsp, Garlic 2 tsp, Salt 2 tsp, Sugar 1 tsp, Apple Cider Vinegar 2 tbsp, Cold Pressed Groundnut Oil 1 tbsp, Soy Sauce 1 tbsp) ,
1 tsp cold pressed groundnut oil, fruits as per availability - 1/2 cup apple pieces, 1 cup pineapple, 1 cup oranges, 1 cup sapota, 1 cup banana, 1 cup grapes, little roasted cashewnuts, Cucumber-1.
Healthy Pineapple-coconut drink
1. Grind pineapple pieces in a mixer and filter the juice.
2. Grind tender coconut pieces with dates.
3. blend in pineapple juice and the other juicer to a smooth paste.
4. Serve in a nice container to attract children.
Freshly cut pineapple - 1 cup, Fresh tender coconut - 1 cup, Dates for sweetness-as per taste or Jaggery can be added.
Fruit Thenai Millet Dosa, Healthy fruit drink, Schezwan fruit
1. Foxtail millet, Urad dal, Javvarisi are all soaked separately for 2-3 hrs. The left over cooked ponni rice is also soaked.
2. Then all of them are grinded separately, in mixer jar.
3. The whole grinded dosa batter is mixed with salt as per taste. The dosa batter is left to ferment for 6-8 hrs.
4. Pour the dosa batter on greased heated dosa tawa. When the dosa is still cooking on one side, all the available fruits are arranged.
5. The dosa is cooked in very low flame so that, the dosa gets cooked on the inside. This dosa is then transferred to plate carefully and had with mixed fruit jam or sprinkled with chat masala, salt, chilli flakes/pepper as per taste. Then cut and eaten. This is one method to attract kids for fruits.
6. Another method is to arrange half the cooking dosa with fruits and nuts. Then once the dosa is half cooked, then the other half is smeared with mixed fruit jam. Later when the dosa is cooked flip the jam part of dosa over the fruit side of dosa, then slowly transfer it to plate. This Fruit Thenai millet dosa can be cut and eaten.
Foxtail millet/Thenai - 2 cups, Urad dal - 1 cup, Left over cooked ponni rice - 2 cups, Javvarisi -1 cup, Fruits- Apple, Orange, Sapota, Pineapple, Green grapes, roasted cashews, Strawberry, banana - all fruits required as per size of dosa, mixed fruit jam, salt for dosa batter, oil for dosa.