CURRY WATCHERS - MAKE IT HEALTHY 2021
Shylaja Venkataraman - United Kingdom
Cook cous cous and soaked chick peas with little salt. In a big bowl add all greens and veggies also add cooked cous cous and chickpeas. Finally add salt, pepper, lemon juice and sweet chilli sauce. Give a nice mix. Its ready to serve now.
This buddha bowl is a balanced meal with good carbs, proteins and fats. Its good to have this atleast once a week.
Thank you 😊
greens- salad leaves
Sweet chilli sauce
Uludhu(Urad dhal) Sadham/Rice/Sooru
1) Dry roast whole black urad dhal and keep aside. Wash along with rice and soak it depends on the rice you use.
2) In a cooker add gingely oil then add mustard seeds, urad dhal, channa dhal and jeera.
3) once its splatter add ginger, garlic, green chilli(slit) and sliced small shallots.
4) once the onion transparent add chopped vallarai keerai and spinach (you can use any greens of your choice).
5) add soaked rice and urad dhal and add desired amount of water ( amount of water varies based on the rice you use)
6) add salt and grated coconut at the end and close it. Cooking time varies according to your cooker/dish you use. Yes now its ready to serve with Raita/pickle.
The main benefit of this rice comes from whole black urad dhal. It is the best for women/girls of all ages. Its strengthens their hip bone. Its best to give them from their young age. Olden days they give urad dhal puttu and kali when they attain puberty. Its high time to introduce this generation, these kinds of healthy forgetten recipes for their healthy well being. I have added some additional healthy ingredients like vallarai keerai and spinach which is rice in iron and vallarai keerai helps for memory power. Gingely oil and shallots good for health.
Thank you for giving me this opportunity.
Whole Black Urad dhal - 1/2cup
Rice - 1cup
Spinach&vallarai(Asiatic pennywort/Brahmi) - 1cup
Grated coconut - 1/2cup
Organic Gingely Oil
Urad dhal, channa dhal
Kadalai Mittai/Peanut Chikki
1) Roast peanuts and peel of the skin.( skip this step of you have roasted and peeled peanuts)
2) Make jaggery syrup by adding 1/4cup of water. Add a tsp of ghee for taste.
3) Boil well till jaggery syrup thickens. In a bowl of water, pour few drops of syrup. Syrup should stand firm in water. If you take out and roll into a ball, it should roll into a hard ball. If you drop the ball back into water with a force, you should hear a “dong” sound. This is “hard ball” consistency. Switch off the stove immediately.
4) Add roasted and peeled peanut into the syrup.
5) Transfer peanut mass to greased base. Spread it evenly.
6) Use sharp, ghee-greased knife to cut horizontally and vertically to make small squares. Leave until it’s completely cool.
Kadalai mittai is rich in protein and iron. Its good for young kids and you are doing weight loss. This generation kids already spoiled with junk foods and store bought snacks which leads to obesity in early ages and yearly age puberty. Its better to give them these homemade healthy snack which is good for their health.
Peanut - 1cup
Jaggery - 1cup (adjust based on your jaggery type)