CURRY WATCHERS - MAKE IT HEALTHY 2021
Sarala Ravindran - Malaysia
Kodo Millet (Varagu Arisi) Sambar Rice
1) Soak kodo millet and rice in water for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
2) Pressure cook in 4 cups of water for 8 whistles, preferably vessel in the vessel.
3)Once the pressure is released, remove the vessel containing cooked millet and rice.
4) Add vegetables, shallots, tomato, turmeric powder and sambar powder, tamarind extract, salt and mix well. Add the cooked kodo millet and rice on the top of vegetables. Pressure cook for two whistles.
5) Temper the mustard, fenugreek and cumin seeds in oil or ghee.
6) Once pressure is released, add the tempered seeds, curry leaves and coriander leaves to the mixture and mix well.
!Voila! It's ready to serve!
Servings: 6-8 people
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Kodo millet = 150 grams
Toor dhal = 150 grams
Shallots = 10 numbers
One medium-sized tomato chopped
One small-sized bell pepper (chopped into cubes)
One medium-sized radish (chopped into cubes) or can be vegetables of your choice
a sprig of curry leaves
a handful of finely chopped coriander
gooseberry sized tamarind soaked in 50 ml of water and juice extracted
turmeric powder = ½ tsp
sambar powder = 2 tbsp
salt to taste
vegetable oil = two tablespoons
mustard seeds = half teaspoon
fenugreek seeds(methi) = half teaspoon
cumin seeds = half teaspoon