CURRY WATCHERS - MAKE IT HEALTHY 2021
Rujuta Jadhav - India
Khichdi Remix Flower Dumplings
Khichdi Flower Dumplings
Khichdi Remix Flower Dumplings is a very healthy, delicious, easy dish made from tubers like water chestnut and sweet potatoes and moong dal khichdi. Mashed veggies are added to the khichdi and binded together to make small balls. These balls are then rolled in soaked rice and are then steamed. The rice swells up giving it a beautiful appearance like that of flowers. It is a very healthy dish as it is steamed and non fried. Can be enjoyed with any sauce. Enjoy these dumplings at the comfort of your balcony while chitchatting.
Pressure cook the rice and moong dal for around 4 whistles. Mash this mixture after cooling
In a pan, add some ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric and onion. Saute for around 5 mins. Next add the chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well and then add the cooked rice and dal mixture. Add boiled and mashed carrots, French beans, sweet potatoes and water chestnuts. Add chopped parsley. Mix well. Let the water evaporate completely from this mixture. Cool. Make small balls of this mixture and keep it aside.
Drain water from the soaked rice completely and spread it into a plate.
Now roll the balls in the rice such that the balls get coated with rice uniformly.
Place them in a greased idly plates and steam them for 10 - 15 minutes.
Khichdi Remix Flower Dumplings are ready to serve.
Khichdi Remix flower dumplings
Moong dal : 3/4th cup
Rice : ½ cup
Groundnut Oil : 3 tbsp
Water Chestnut : 1/4 cup (boiled and mashed)
Carrots: ¼ th cup (boiled and mashed)
French beans: 1/4th cup (boiled and mashed)
Sweet Potato – 1/4th cup (boiled and mashed)
Chopped Onion -1
Red Chilli Powder
Triple Rice Khichdi Fiesta with Cheesy mushroom khichdi bites
I always try to surprise my taste buds and give a tasty spin to my recipes. This triple rice fiesta khichdi is just that. It’s a soothing comfort food and incredibly delicious. In this recipe the 3 varieties of rice team up with moong daal, toor dal and mushrooms to make this one pot dish a protein carb powerhouse. I have used the same khichdi as a stuffing to make a cheesy mushroom appetizer 🍲Triple Rice Khichdi Fiesta with Cheesy Mushroom Khichdi Bites🧆
1) Soak Black rice for 6 hours or overnight and pressure cook it with thrice the amount of water than that of the rice. Pressure cook this rice separately in another container.
2) Soak Brown Rice for an hour. Pressure cook the brown rice, white rice, moong dal and toor dal for around 4 whistles.
3) Scoop off the stalk of the mushrooms and stir fry them in some butter, turmeric, salt and red chilli powder for around 4-5 minutes. Keep some of them aside and chop the remaining ones into thin slices.
4) In a pan, add some ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onion , tomato, spring onion leaves. Stir fry them for around 5 mins. Add the mushrooms and mix well.
5) Next add the chilli powder, garam masala. Mix well and then add the cooked black rice and the white and brown rice and the dal mixture. (Pulse the rice and dal mixture for a few seconds before adding it ) Add chopped coriander. Mix well.
6) Add the khichdi into the mushroom caps. Top it with mozzarella cheese and chilli flakes and bake them at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
7) Plate out the khichdi and serve the cheesy mushroom khichdi bites along with it.
Black Rice-1/4th cup
White Rice- 1/4th cup
Brown Rice- 1/4th cup
Moong dal- 1/4th cup
Toor Dal- 1/4th cup
Chopped Onion- 1
Chopped Tomato- 1
Chopped Spring onion-1
Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
Turmeric- ½ tsp
Garam masala 1tsp
Forbidden Rice Immunity Onyx
🟫 Forbidden Rice Immunity Onyx 🟫
This superfood rich dessert is jam-packed with nutritious ingredients. Made with a base of black rice and loaded with Muesli, a blend of spices, seeds and dryfruits, these bites are naturally-sweetened and make for the perfect healthy snack you can relish together any time!
1. Rinse black rice and soak in water for 6 hours or overnight.
2. Drain it, Add 3 cups water, lemon grass and turmeric leaves and pressure cook the rice (5-6 whistles)
3. Remove and let it cool at room temperature.
4. Grind it to fine consistency without adding water.
5. Add 3-4 tbsp of ghee in a pan. Add rice paste to it and stir it continuosly for 15- 20 minutes. Add grated ginger, crushed muesli, chyawanprash, gulkand, cane mollasses, flax seeds, organic jaggery powder to this mixture. Mix well
6. Add cardamom- cinnamon powder. Keep on stirring till it forms a thick gelatinous mass. Turn off the gas. Let it cool.
7. Flatten out this mixture on a greased sheet. Garnish it with seeds and apricot jullienes. Cut it into square shaped pieces and serve.
1) Black rice - 1 cup
2) Organic Jaggery Powder - 7-8 tbsps
3) Cardamom Pods – 4
4) Cinnamon Stick- 1 inch
5) Ghee - 3-4 tbsp
5) Sunflower, Pumpkin and Flax Seeds
6) Grated Ginger 1 tbsp
7) Chyawanprash - 1 tbsp
8) Gulkand- 1tbsp
9) Cane Molasses- 1/4 th cup
10) Lemon Grass
11) Turmeric Leaves
12) Crushed Muesli 1/2 cup