1. Mix the grains ( Quinoa and Broken Wheat) together and measure in a cup 2. Wash the grains and drain the water 3. In a pan add grains, water in a 1: 2 ratio ( grain : water) and salt 4. Bring the pan to boil and cook the grains covered for 20/25 minutes 5. Let the cooked grains to cool 7.Cut the green chilli into small size 8. Heat oil in a pan 9. Add the peanuts and roast it 10. Add mustard seeds ,urid dhal and channa dhal 11. Once the mustard seeds starts splutter add asafoetida, curry leaves red chilli, turmeric powder and fry for 30 seconds 12. Add chopped ginger and green chilli , fry for 30 seconds 13. Add boiled sprouted moong dhal and saute for 1 minute and turn off the heat 14. Add the garnish ,lemon juice to the cooked grains and mix well 15. Adjust the salt and lemon juice according to the taste and serve
Ingredients for 1 serving
Quinoa 50 gms Broken wheat 50 gms Boiled sprouted moong dhal 100 gms Medium sized lemon 1 Green chilli 1 Dried red chilli 1 Ginger 1 inch size (chopped finely) Raw peanuts 30 gms Salt to taste Sesame oil 2tbsp Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp Urid dhal 1/2 tsp Channa dhal 1 tsp Asafoetida 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp Curry leaves 8
1. Cut the Tofu into medium sized cubes 2. Marinate Tofu with all the ingredients listed in the A and Keep it in the fridge leave for minimum 1 hour 3 Tofu could be cooked in two different way a.1. Heat the pan with 2 tbsp of oil a.2 Place the marinated tofu in the pan and cook each side until it turns soft and slightly brown in a medium flame. b.1 Preheat the oven at 160' C b.2. Place the marinated tofu in a foil baking tray, spray little oil on it and cook for 15 to 20 minutes turning once
2. Sweet potato cutlet
1. Mash sweet potato with fork in a bowl 2. Crush peanuts into small pieces 3. Mix well all the ingredients given in the list B with sweet potato except corn flour and bread crumps 4. Make the above mix into small round shaped cutlets 5. Make thin batter with cornflour and water 6. Spread the bread crumps in a plate 7. Dip the cutlets in cornflour batter one by one and roll it in the bread crumps 8. Heat the oil in the pan and shallow fry the cutlets
3. Broccoli and Brussel sprouts 65
1. Cut the Broccoli into small florets 2. Marinate the broccoli and brussel sprouts with all the ingredients given in the list C except the flours and keep it for 30 minutes 3. Mix all the flours and add it to the marinated vegetables 4. Sprinkle little water to adjust the consistency ( Don't add water if you are planning to cook it in a oven) and leave it for 15 minutes 5. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the vegetables until golden brown. Alternatively, preheat the oven at 170'C. Place the vegetables in a greased baking tray and spay oil on it. Cook the vegetables 20 to 25 minutes until it turns golden brown.
In a large serving tray arrange both the veg 65's , cutlets and tofu with Zucchini and sliced onions and enjoy your platter
A. For grilled Tofu
Tofu 250 gms Chilli powder 2 tsp Cumin powder 1/2 t sp Pepper powder 1/2 tsp Garam masala 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp Dhaniya powder 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp Salt to taste Curd 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice 1tsp oil 1 tbsp
Malai Kofta made with Tofu and Sprouted Moong Dhal
Kofta 1. Grind moong dhal , cumin seeds and green chilli (coarsest) in a mixie or food processor 2. Mash sweet potato with fork 3. Mix all the other ingredients given in the list for kofta with grounded dhal and sweet potato except oil and corn flour and make a medium sized balls. 4. Roll the kofta balls in a cornflour Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the koftas until golden brown.
1. Heat oil in a pan 2. Add onions and sweat until soft and translucent 3. Add tomatoes and sauté until cooked 4. Add green chilli, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, dhaniya powder, cashew nuts and sauté until raw smell goes off and turn off the heat 5. Let the masala to cool 6. Grind the masala to a smooth paste 6.Heat butter in a pan 7. Add the ground masala paste and sauté for 2 minutes 8. Add water to adjust required consistency and let it to boil for 5 minutes 9. Add cumin powder, garam masala and fresh cream and allow to boil for 2 minutes and turn off the heat. 10. Add coriander leaves
Transfer the warm/ hot gravy in the serving dish and arrange the koftas in the gravy and garnish with corriander leaves and cream.
Kofta balls can also be served as a tasty snack on its own.