CURRY WATCHERS - MAKE IT HEALTHY 2021
Abinaya Somasekaram - Malta
Slice all the fruits and enjoy this vitamin rich breakfast/snack at any time of the day with some honey, lemon and chia seeds for an improved taste.
Note: Any seasonal fruits are recommended
1. In a pan, add the ghee, cashews and raisins and let it roast until a golden- brown colour is obtained. Separate the cashews and raisins.
2. On the same pan, add the broken wheat and roast for 3 minutes. Add water with a pinch of salt and let the wheat cook.
3. Add the jaggery cubes and allow it to melt and blend with the mixture.
4. Pour the milk and let it boild for 1 minute.
5. Turn off the heat and add the roasted chashews and raisins along with the cardamom powder.
This healthy and tasty dessert serves for 6 portions.
Broken wheat - 1 cup
Jaggery - 5 cubes
Milk - 2 cups
Water - 5 cups
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cashews - 15
Black Raisins - 10
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Tip: add a pinch of salt to enhance the sweetness
Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend for 2 minutes. This powerful smoothie can be served for breakfast or as a post-workout drink.
Ripe banana - 1
Pitted dates - 5
Oats - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Honey - 1 tbsp
Walnuts - 5
Dessicated coconut - 1 tbsp